"Dreams are Real, All You Have To Do Is Just Believe"-Ashanti "Dreams"

Well, I have took a step forward towards my dreams of becoming a singer by signing up for vocal lessons. They are $80 bucks a month, and I go to the class every Friday. It's a group thing, which I'm kinda wary about, but its the cheapest class i could find. Now I really don't have the time nor really the money to take these classes. But I feel like if I don't take this chance, I'm not taking my dreams seriously. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.



I mean this is what I've wanted my entire life. Being logical, I'm in school, and I plan on having a degree to back me up, but I really can't see myself doing anything else but singing! I have to decide by Weds. on what I'm going to do. What should I do?


My Inspirations (in no particular order):

Lady Day


Anita Baker


Teena Marie


Raphael Saddiq


Erykay Badu


J Dilla


Quincy Jones


Jill Scott


Monica Blaire, She's a local artist here from Detroit and she is dope! Look her up!

10 people love me:

Anonymous said...

Yooooo!
"But I feel like if I don't take this chance, I'm not taking my dreams seriously. "

Lol thats soooo the truth right there.
Do what you have to do, because if you dont its gonna start wearing on ur conscious.
So I say take the classes, believe in yourself & run away with ur dreams

Bretthead said...

Go for it! Take risks, chase your dreams! That is the way to live!!

i.can't.complain. said...

u know anita is gonna be in concert here on the 12th, right?

-1-

ShardonaySays said...

i sure do! imma try my best to be there

A.M. said...

oh dear. I think you should totally go for it.
Here's a quote for ya...

" Make no little plans, they have no magic to stir men's blood and will not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work, remembering that a noble and logical plan never dies, but long after we are gone will be a living thing."
-Lita Bane

Think it pretty much says everything I wanted to :)

Cruz said...

-JDilla, respect. R.I.P.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Follow your dream.

Ticia said...

Congrats girl!! I am a professional shower singer :)

Muze said...

i say go for it. life is much too short for shoulda woulda couldas.

and yes, monica blair is dope.

and like -1- said... anita is doing a concert here soon. i can't wait.

Don said...

i used to want to marry anita baker while i was in junior high. i used to tell all girls @ school 'hey, anita baker...now that's a real woman.'

LOL.

 

My Friends

HTML Hit Counters Web Site Hit Counter